Burnt Orange Fedora, Primark (similar) | Burgundy Suede Tassle Jacket, Boohoo (here) | Orange Turtle Neck Body, Ebay (similar) | Oxblood Leather Skirt, H&M (similar) | Black Tassle Shoulder Bag, Boohoo* (similar) | Black Open Toe Boots, H&M (similar)
It's that awkward time of the year again. We all want to put winter behind us and move onto sunny Spring mornings, but the British weather has other plans. The high street shops are bringing out pretty dresses, floral skirts and pastel jackets, when in reality, it's still cold enough to be wearing our wooly hats and gloves! So today I've picked out five winter staples which are perfect for making your winter wardrobe that bit more summery.
1. Winter hats can easily be worn right through to spring if you invest in the right one. I picked up this wool fedora in a pretty burnt orange shade for £8 around a month ago in Primark, and it's instantly become one of my favourites. The earthy tone can be worn with browns in winter, or can easily be switched up with whites come Spring time. I find the fedoras that aren't too structured are the most flattering shape, because it's the perfect mix between the summery floppy hats, and the sturdier ones that come out every Winter.
2. Turtle necks have been everywhere this winter, whether it's a roll neck wooly knit, a jumper dress or a classic long sleeve body. I recently got this bargain orange turtle neck top from Ebay for 99p and instantly felt like I was ready for Spring to arrive. Investing in bright coloured basics is a great way of breaking up the typical black skinny jeans and leather jacket look that everybody seems to get stuck with at this time of year (I know I do!)
3. The classic suede biker jacket has to be one of my favourite trends of 2015, and I just know it's going to be big this year too. I found when I picked this burgundy Boohoo tassle jacket a couple of months ago, it was the perfect transitional jacket. Not just because burgundy plays a big part in everyone's transitional wardrobe, but because it looks amazing layered under cosy knits. Having lightweight jackets at this time of year such a handy way to switch things up, while still wrapping up warm.
4. Leather skirts have literally been my lifeline this season. They're perfect for night out, and keep you surprisingly warm when teamed with skin coloured tights. Today I wore mine with casual accessories, but leather mini skirts can easily look just as good for a night out on the town with a long sleeve crop top and over the knee heeled boots!
5. Finally, we have the classic black ankle boot... But with a twist! A couple of weeks ago I was elbows deep in an Ebay shopping spree, like literally buying everything in sight. I saw these H&M open toe ankle boots and decided to snap them up on a whim for 99p, and couldn't be happier. They're Wintery enough to wear day-to-day with a jumper dress or with jeans on a casual day, but I just know they're going to be a life saver come Spring, when I'm not quite ready to dig out my loafers, but when it's warm enough to tuck away my knee-high boots until next year.