I used to think when the weather turned cold in late Autumn/Winter, my on trend clothing had to be thrown right out of the window, because it's simply too cold to care. But fear not! I've since learned the real truth & today I'm sharing with you guys my top 10 tips to look on-trend while still keeping warm under those many, many layers!
Camel High Neck Jumper | Primark (similar)
Black Lace Skirt | Primark (similar)
Grey Perspex Heel Boots | Ebay (similar)
1. I might aswell start with the obvious one... The thing that ALL bloggers are raving about right now. Layering jumpers under dresses, layering long sleeve tops under cami tops, or basically layering everything you have to create a more interesting/edgy look. This is also a great way to save money & not have to buy tons of new fleecy every-day clothes. Layering is a godsend!
2. If it's essential that you have to wear a skirt, investing in a good pair of matte nude tights is the best way to keep the cold out. I got 5 pairs for £5 from Primark about a year ago & still have most of them to this day! They air-brush your legs, give you a subtle tan and most importantly, make you that bit warmer.
3. Going up a size in jackets and jumpers is something I do every year... because there's nothing worse than uncomfortably squeezing into your leather jacket when you've got 5 layers on underneath.
4. On those days where all you want to do is be warm & wear your fleecy lined jumpers and leggings, throwing on a statement faux fur scarf if a great way to turn a thrown-together outfit into something much more special.
5. For those nights out where you really don't want to wear a jacket, but it's too cold not to. Why not invest in a smart black wool coat to drape over your shoulders? Or even better, a jacket with a fur collar attached is a great alternative & will keep you super warm yet not drag your outfit down.
6. I'm a huge lover of faux fur lined boots, and you should be too! I recently picked up an adorable pair of suede boots with fur lining from Zaful (here), but if you're looking for something a little cheaper, Primark bring out some super cute, fluffy and inexpensive boots every year... Who said being warm had to look drab?
7. If like me, you love the fit of a-line skirts and dresses, why not switch to midi rather than mini this season? I've been seeing pleated skirts everywhere recently, and I'm so excited for my delivery to come so I can pair my black pleated skirt with a cropped knit for a more smart/casual weekend look.
8. As a great alternative to high heels on a night out i'll be switching to over the knee boots with platforms or heels. A warmer alternative that still looks super classy!
9. Expanding your collection of coats is probably the smartest thing you'll do all Autumn, because let's face it, we're all going to be living in them! Why not try out some blogger favourites, such as the puffer jacket, shearling biker or faux fur gilet?
10. And finally, accessorizing in Winter doesn't have to be boring. Bobble hats are set to be huge, so go grab yourself the hat with the biggest faux-fur pom pom and don't take it off until Spring.